Collateral Management: How to Maximize Control & Optimize in Today’s Environment?
A Webcast January 18th at 10am NY/ 3pm UK / 4pm Paris (Register below)
The recording is available. If already registered, please enter your email address into the field at the top right corner for immediate access to the recording. If you haven’t registered already you must do so below before viewing the video.
In a DerivSource webinar, we explore strategic operational changes both buy and sell-side firms are implementing to achieve greater control and efficiency in their collateral management practices.
There is no doubt collateral management has undergone radical change in recent years with rising margin required by both cleared and non-cleared derivatives and consequent need to bolster operations to support this increase in activity and demand. As such, financial institutions have or will have to invest in existing collateral management infrastructure and technology to support this ‘new normal’ and for most, this requires changes to the way collateral is managed pre and post-trade.
In a DerivSource webinar, we explore strategic operational changes both buy and sell-side firms are implementing to achieve greater control and efficiency in their collateral management practices. The panel will discuss both pre and post-trade optimization tactics, necessary technology investments and more strategic infrastructure and organizational changes (such as investment in CVA activities) that firms can adopt to meet regulatory requirements and market changes already underway. Join us to also hear views on where new opportunities lie for further improving collateral management so firms of all shapes and sizes can make the most out of their assets today and in the future.
The panel will explore the following:
- Are firms making changes to the way the collateral management workflow is managed to meet new market requirements and growing demands? For instance, the movie to centralized collateral desks?
- What changes are the most common pre and post-trade optimization changes sell side and buy-side firms are adopting?
- How are buy-side firms going beyond assessment for cheapest to deliver assets?
- What are more advanced firms looking to do to take their collateral management one step further? Is investment in CVA activities prevalent, for instance.
- What challenges will firms face (cultural, organizational or technological) as they seek to improve collateral management operations or make strategic changes?
- What type of technology is essential to support and in what area of the workflow process?
- What are the immediate and long-term benefits for buy side firms who seek to bring collateral operations back in house (from outsourced arrangements)?
Scott Linden, Managing Director, Collateral Management Product Leader at Wilmington Trust
Peter Farley, Senior Marketing Strategist, Capital Markets at Misys
Nick Nicholls, Principal Consultant at GFT
Joseph Spiro, Director - NY Head of Collateral at Societe Generale